Viking 2 Plus indoor rower emulates the natural catch and feel associated with on-water rowing, blending form and function to give you the best total body workout. State of the art Fluid Resistance Technology ensures no dead spots throughout stroke entirety for a vigorous and consistent cardio session at home.
Easily modified to suit the needs of seniors and individuals undergoing rehabilitation, Viking 2 Plus indoor rower simply integrates with our Seat Back kit for additional postural support and our Elevate Kit for heightened accessibility.
Providing 15% greater resistance than standard FDF horizontal models, state of the art Fluid Resistance Technology ensures no dead spots throughout stroke entirety for a vigorous and consistent cardio session. Manually adjust your Fluid Force level at the turn of a tactile and audible selector dial, assuring accurate and even level selection for a more consistent workout.
- 4 Level Patented Variable Fluid Resistance (VFR) to suit any fitness level by simply turning a dial on the tank.
- Direct Drive System ensures that all you feel, hear, and see is water churning through the high density and resilient tank.
- No dead spots: the rower offers instant catch due to the triple-bladed impeller system.
- Made of tough polycarbonate, double sealed, precision aligned twin tank for precise mechanism, tighter tolerances and greater position for a more robust workout.
- Interactive Performance Monitor (IPM) with USB port.
- Displays: time; speed; distance; stoke rate; calories per hour; watts; 4 level adjustment, heart rate.
- Gives you quick start, manual programs, interval training, USB port allows interactive programming.
- Compatible with heart rate receiver and transmitter to display heart rate. Sold separately.
- Ethically sourced and hand-lacquered American Ash wood seat rail for smoothness, appearance, strength, and durability.
- Solid and sturdy construction makes this perfect for home gyms.
- Height Adjustable footplates with Advance Heel Cradle footboard design and straps to ensure optimal foot placement and comfortable rowing position.
- Instantly adjusts to foot size and fits all users.
- Textured non-slip and super comfortable seat for enjoyable sessions.
- Optional Seat Back kit for correct posture and extra lumbar support.
- Precision bearings and rollers for absolute smoothness.
- Seat rail brushes wipe away grit with each glide, protecting life of product.
- Deluxe and ergonomically designed to prevent strain on the arms, wrists and hands for a comfortable, but physical workout.
- Durable belt drive: Smooth, clean, quiet (no whirring noises), and built to last. Maintenance free.
- Light and easy to move around with built-in transit wheels. Stores in just 21” x 20”.
- Improved pulley system greatly increases the resistance, tension, and recoil action.
- Simple and quick assembly and virtually maintenance free.
- Compatible with Elevate Kit for convenient on-off rower access.
- Home Model Rower
- Stores vertically for space saving
- Assembled weight 72 lbs
How Does FluidRower Twin Tank Technology Work?
At the core of all FDF FluidROWERS is our patented Twin Tank technology, providing several distinct levels of Fluid Resistance regardless of the speed you row at. Our Twin Tank technology comprises the inner, passive (or holding) tank and the outer, active (or resistance) tank.
When you a high level, water will flow from the passive holding tank to the active resistance tank as you begin to exercise, and you will experience the smooth fluid resistance, no matter what your speed.
Conversely, if you a low level, the water will be transferred away from the active resistance tank and back into the passive holding tank, lowering the resistance. You can even make adjustments on the fly to find a load that is just right for your fitness training.
Depending on the FluidRower model each will incorporate either a 4 or 5 level adjustable Fluid Resistance Horizontal Tank. The Maximum resistance on Level 4 or Level 5 is the same; the only variation is the resistance increments between the levels. Level 4 or 5 FDF Horizontal Twin Tanks each has 17 litres of Fluid Resistance available.
Level 1 – 25% / level 2 – 50% / level 3 – 75% / level 4 – 100%
FDF’s patented adjustable Fluid Resistance technology creates a challenging rowing workout for any fitness level. It allows the user to change the rowing resistance by a simple adjustment of the lever to your desired level, even mid-workout. The level of resistance can vary from feather light to Olympic challenge. Whether you are just starting your fitness journey or you are a professional athlete, our fluid resistance rowers have been designed and engineered to provide a challenging, smooth, full body workout that can be adjusted to suit your training requirements.
The water in our active resistance tank acts as a brake to hold back the multi-bladed impeller, the more water in the active resistance tank the higher the braking effect. The water in the active tank isn’t all staying in the active tank during the exercise (at any level), some of it is always being cycled through the passive holding tank. As you attempt to generate more power by increasing your speed, the water cycles faster between the Twin Tanks at a greater and greater rate to maintain a consistent amount of water in the tanks. This creates such a unique smooth action and at virtually any speed.
Air resistance works in a similar way, however the variation in the load that is possible by restricting air flow to an impeller does not create distinctly different levels of resistance, this is very obvious at low speeds.
At high speeds, the two mediums, water and air, start to feel similar except for one very crucial difference that makes adjustable Fluid Resistance so unique. When rowing, the drive phase is followed by a recovery phase, during the recovery phase air does not provide the braking force that the water in our tanks does. At the catch or beginning of the next drive phase, the air machine impeller has higher momentum and that creates the soft or no load pick up that you feel at the catch.
Essentially the resistance on an air machine can not be felt again until your speed catches up to the flywheel and you start to apply a greater force against which the air will resist. These differences are so easy for you to test for yourself, compare an FDF FluidRower against any air or water based rowing machine and you will quickly see why our patented Twin Tank Fluid Resistance system is so different; the firm catch, the smooth stroke and the consistent load, that all come together in the FluidRower.
- Frame: 5 year limited
- Tank & Seals: 3 year limited
- Mechanical components: 2 year limited
- Everything else: 1 year limited